About Me

My photo
Wellness Ambassador, Coach, Entrepreneur empowering our communities, creating financial stability and helping others DREAM BIGGER . Lupus Conqueror!

Background

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oh Where Oh Where Have I Been?

I know I have been missed. Well.... to make a long story short: First, there were the finals -- I took on more than I could handle, but still "A-ced" all the finals and made the Dean's List! Second, I was challenged yet again with the Lupus-thing. And, third, my notebook was sent out for repairs (thank goodness for the warranty); and returned still not fixed! So, I have to mail it once again for repairs. My DH let me borrow his notebook..... just for the moment.

Christmas was wonderful -- I got everything I wanted and.... then some! That includes the Bodybugg (featured on the Biggest Loser), and the Wii (the Wii fit came after Christmas because of its popularity). I've always wanted to try Carol's Daughter line of products -- and received lots of it for Christmas. And, DH brought me the lastest and newest digital camcorder! There were so many other wonderful gifts that my DH and daughters and son presented to me at Christmas -- it was so overwhleming, heartfelt, and just an awesome Christmas to be with family and friends. Thank you Family!!!

I must share with you first about the Bodybugg by 24 hour Fitness and featured on the Biggest Loser television show. The Bodybugg armband is a small, sleek device worn on your upper left arm that tracks how many calories you burn every minute of the day and night. The complete weight management system includes a free 6-month on-line subscription service that tracks caloric intake, calories, burned, steps taken, goals, provides a wealth of health and weight loss information, and calorie deficits. There is an optional digital display that provides real time data so you do not necessarily have to subscribed to the on-line program -- but I highly recommend the subscription because it is packed with information to help you manage your weight and lose weight safely. The newest V3 Bodybugg is lighter in weight, MAC compatible, black, less irritable to the arm, and can be charged via your computer.

I now know exactly how many calories I need to burn in order to lose approximately 2 pounds a week based on my caloric intake. My nutritionist recommends that I eat approximately 1300 calores per day; so based on that information and the info I input into the system regarding my weight loss goals, the Bodybugg system provides information as to how many calories one needs to burn to meet their goals. (Originally, when my nutritionist advised how much calories I needed to expend in order to lose weight, I had no idea how I was going to exercise that much! She also told me not to worry because I expended calories when I was sleeping, reading, houseworking, etc.) Now, with the Bodybugg, I completely understand that calories can be burned even during sleep but also I know exactly how many calories I burn when I sleep, etc.

I love the digital display because I can see in real time if I met my daily goals; and, if not, I just take a walk or get on the treadmill, etc. Also, if I do not meet my stated goals, the on line system advises what I need to do, etc. The Bodybugg weight management systems is not only a challenge, but also so much fun. I am encouraged to not only meet my exercise goals but also exceed them -- which can be adjusted anytime via the weight management system.

Well, I could go on and on about the Bodybugg weight management system. There is so much more to the system than described. It is so well worth the money. Right now, I believe one can purchase the Bodybugg for $249.00 at 24 hour fitness website (that includes the Digital Display that can be worn as a watch or attachment; 6 months' on-line subscription; and free consultation with a Trainer). It is well worth the money.

How has my life and health changed for the better: Well, what this means for me is that my A1C blood glucose levels have now improved! I am, as you know, on several medications (see previous post for pictures). Because of my high blood glucose levels (due to meds and lupus and weight), my A1C was 8.0 which is very high -- it should be below 6.0. So, I am taking the strongest dosage for Januvia, Glyburide, Metformin, and Insulin! The latest test indicated that my A1C is now ............ drum roll 6.5!!!!! Wheeeeeee Whoooooo! I know that this is due to Isagenix (healthy eating); the BodyBugg (managing caloric intake and expenditure)!

Eating Plan -- Well most of you know that I am on Isagenix. I have to admit that the Isalean Shake coupled with the cleansing program have provided lots of energy, and I am now taking just a little less pain medications. It's a start given the amount of meds I take (what was it 32 meds per day?)

Exercising -- In addition to my workout videos -- I will describe later because my post is getting too long and Exercise TV's the Biggest Loser 30 day Shred and PowerSculpt with the Biggest Loser Life Coach and Trainer, Jillian Michaels. Next I will include my Wii Fit!!!

I must end this -- I'm chatting so much because it has been too long and I really want to get you up to date with my healthly weight loss journey. So, my next post will be on the Exercise Videos and Healthy Eating and the Wii Fit which I can't wait to try out and post my review!

Cheers and Be Well!

Babs

http://ucanbefit2.isagenix.com/

No comments: