About Me

My photo
Wellness Ambassador, Coach, Entrepreneur empowering our communities, creating financial stability and helping others DREAM BIGGER . Lupus Conqueror!

Background

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessing

On Monday, November 24, 2008 at Bible Study, in addition to discussion the Bible, prayers, etc., we discussed what the Lord placed on one of the members' heart and that was Me -- my tendency to be a Giver; always putting others first; and, how there should be a balance of not only giving but also thinking and caring for oneself.

On Tuesday, November 25, 2008I was grocery shopping for Thanksgiving Day (we are having approximately 13 guests). I recall that I was very joyful, speaking to everyone, smiling, singing with a song in my heart, and conversing with the senior citizens. I was exhausted because of my physicial challenges (Lupus), pulling heavy items from the shelves taxed my muscles, and the store had just remodeled so none of the patrons had any idea where to locate items of groceries now hidden in conspicious places! It took me hours to locate the cranberry sauce and another 30 minutes to find the Jiffy Muffin Mix. Despite this, everyone was pleasant and most accepted my smiles and gestures of kindness.

I must have been in that grocery store for over 4 hours. As I took my items out of the grocery cart and placed them on the rolling bin, a middle aged woman approached and asked, "are you shopping for Thanksgiving." I replied, "yes, I am." She then inquired, "How would you like for your Thanksgiving to be paid in full?" I replied, "Of course. What is the catch?" She replied with a hughe smile, "I am a Christian, and I am going to bless you today. I will pay for all of your groceries." I did not know how to respond. She continued, "I was walking around looking for someone to bless, and the Lord told me that I should stop by you." She asked, "Do you know the Lord; do you have an intimate relationship with Him?" I replied, "Yes, I do." She proceeded to tell me that she had an abundance on her cash card and the Lord told her to give and that He told her to give to me because I was a giver. Those who heard her speak, even the cashier, thought this lady was crazy; but, I completely understood.

As we talked about the Lord and shared a few scriptures. I was loading my heavy groceries (25 pound turkey; and other heavy items) onto the rolling bin. A gentleman behind me in line proceeded to help me with the grocery items on the bottom of the cart. I was so grateful, because at this point, my whole body was aching, and I was needing my medications. Still, I kept smiling and it reminded me of how much I was so used to disguising my pain -- which, on a scale of 1-10, was now about a 10+.

Sandra was the name of the lady who was blessing me with a paid Thanksgiving dinner. We hugged. I thanked her for her obedience to the Lord, and I thanked the Lord. Sandra asked, "Now, what are you going to do with the money you are saving?" I replied, that I would probably buy gifts. Now, here is the double blessing...... Sandra replied, "The Lord spoke to my heart and told me that you are a giver, always doing for others and not yourself." She further stated that I should have a "balance" in my life of not just giving, but also doing for myself. She further stated that the savings I was blessed with today should be used entirely for myself!

Confirmation people! Is that not confirmation! I told Sandra about the discussion during Bible Study, and we both proceeded to rejoice! My groceries totaled approximately $150.00. Sandra helped me with my heavy groceries, waited beside the cart as I went for my car, and assisted me with loading the groceries in the automobile. Sandra stated that she was returnign to the grocery store and bessing another person because she had a balance after paying for my groceries.

I smiled all the way home. Truly a Blessing. I shared this story with my family. I will also share this story with my friends on Thanksgiving Day.

Cheers & Be Well

PS - I just recalled that a few years ago I, too, had blessed someone with groceries. Is this not the 100 fold return?

Babs

Today is Day 9 of my 9-day Isagenix program. As I stated, I am doing a two 9-day program, so tomorrow I weigh (Day 10); and also start my second 9-day program to health!

http://ucanbefit2.isagenix.com/

2 comments:

Laquita said...

I finally got around to reading this. What a wonderful story :o)

ExhaleBabs said...

Thanks Laquita! This was truly a blessing. The big question is "Did I use the money for myself?"